EFFLUENT TREATMENT PLANT (ETP)
PROCESS OVERVIEW FOR ETP
- Screening/ Grit chamber: To remove floatable matter and sand, grit, stones in raw effluent.
- Tertiary treatment: Sand and carbon filtration for removal of suspended solids and organic material. Ultra-filtration and Reverse Osmosis are the advanced technologies to be implemented for zero-discharge system.
- Primary treatment: Includes chemical treatment (coagulation, flocculation, neutralization) and solid-liquid separation for removal of suspended solids.
- Secondary Treatment: Includes biological treatment for reduction of BOD/COD and solid-liquid separation. Biological treatment can be aerobic or anaerobic depends on quality of raw effluent. Aerobic- ASP (Activated Sludge Process), MBBR/FAB (Moving Bed Bioreactor/ Fluidized Aerated Bioreactor), SAFF (Submerged Aerated Fixed Film Bioreactor), MBR (Membrane Bioreactor) Anaerobic- UASB (Up-flow anaerobic Sludge Blanket Reactor).
- Oil & grease trap: To remove floatable oil and grease from raw effluent.